Yuba County Family Law Court

What type of cases are handled in the Yuba County Family Law Court?

The Yuba County Family Law court handles all cases concerning family-related matters and domestic relations including dissolution of marriage (divorce), legal separation, domestic violence, spousal support, child visitation and custody, child support and restraining orders. All of these matters are handled in the Family Law Division of Yuba Superior Court.

Yuba County Family Law Court

Yuba County Family Law Court

Yuba Superior Court serves the following cities/towns: Marysville, Wheatland, Beale Air Force Base, Camptonville, Challenge-Brownsville, Dobbins, Linda, Loma Rica, Olivehurst, Plumas Lake, Smartsville, Alicia, Arboga, Binney Junction, Browns Valley, Dantoni, Eagleville, East Arboga, Frenchtown, Greenville, Hammonton, Horstville, Iowa City, Mello, North Star, Oak Valley, Olive Hill, Oregon House, Ostrom, Pearson, Rackerby, Ramirez, Rancho Loma Rica, Sharon Valley, Sicard Flat, South Yuba, Stanfield Hill, Strawberry Valley, Sucker Flat, Tambo, Timbuctoo, Waldo Junction, Weeds Point, West Linda, Woodleaf.

Will my court case records be made public?

In most instances, yes it will. Every court file and order becomes public record. Any individual can go to the Yuba Superior Court and request to see any record.
There are 3 exceptions. First, if the case itself is confidential (ie. juvenile (under 18 years) case, or an adoption). Second exception is the confidential portion of a family law file, an example would be child custody evaluations and recommendations. The third exception is when a party requests and is granted an order to mark a document as confidenial or sealed. If you are unsure about what is confidential and what is not, ask the Yuba Superior Court clerk.

Can I hire an attorney to represent me?

Yes, by law you are allowed to hire an attorney to represent you and offer you legal advice.

Who can I ask if I have questions about my case?

The best place to seek answers for your case specific questions is the Yuba Superior Court Clerk. Every court has a clerk whose job it is maintain the files and records of the court. They are also available to provide information and assist you with manners regarding your case. This is often the best place to seek answers for your particular matter. NOTE: The court clerk is only able to give legal information, they are not able to give legal advice. If you need legal advice you need to contact an attorney.

What are the requirements for filing for Dissolution of Marriage (Divorce) in Yuba Superior Court?

In the state of California, there is a residency requirement where you or your spouse must have lived in California for the last six (6) months, and have lived in Yuba County for the last three (3) months in order to file for divorce in Yuba County.

What is a Family Law Facilator and what do they do?

A Family Law Facilitator is a licensed attorney who acts a neutral third party who can further assist you with your Family Law matters. Every county in California now provides this free legal service. Please contact the Yuba Superior Court (see contact info on this page) to find out if your county provides a Family Law Facilitator. A Family Law Facilitator is able to provide general legal information, assistance in filling out court forms, and answer general legal questions. The Family Law Facilitator is NOT your attorney, NOTE: The Family Law Facilitator is only able to give legal information, they are not able to give legal advice. If you need legal advice you need to contact an attorney.

How do a file my Family Law case?

As each case is different and requires different forms, you will need to contact the court to see which forms are applicable for the case you are filing. If you need assistance in filing or legal advice you will need to contact an attorney, the court will only provide you with legal information. Legal information, such as the information on the website is NOT legal advice. Only a licensed attorney can provide legal advice. NOTE: Be very careful when filling out the forms, verifying all information including names are correct, even a small mispelling of a name can cause delays in your case. You should also make copies of all documents for your own personal records.

Yuba Superior Court Family Law Location

  • Yuba County Courthouse

    Address: 215 Fifth Street, Suite 200 Marysville, CA 95901
    Phone: (530) 749-7600
    Family Law Phone: (530) 749-7600 Ext. 5
    Juvenile Phone: (530) 749-7600 Ext. 8, Ext. 1
    Fax: (530) 749-7516
    Family Law Facilitator Phone: (530) 749-7685 Ext. 2
    Family Law Facilitator Fax: (530) 741-6261

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *